Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tires?

After sitting in a tire shop a week ago, waiting for an oil change, I found myself walking through the ties that they had on display. One display for a performance/premium tire talked about the how parts of the tread increased grip on different surfaces. This got me thinking. There are many different tread designs, rubber compounds, sizes, etc... How much does the average person know about the 4 points of contact their vehicle has w/ the road? In other words, how much do people know about tires? Over the next couple of weeks I'll cover different topics relating to tires from the design of the tread, the compounds used within them, different tire ratings, sizes, along with a few other topics.

The first topic I'll be covering will be the tread design, which should be posted in the next few days.


-DK

P.S. Make sure to vote in the poll on the side for the next spotlight of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment