Thursday, May 9, 2013

Herb Pizza Crust

After finding another bread book at a garage sale, I found a new formula (recipe) for making a tasty herb pizza dough. I haven't made this into a pizza instead I incorporated this into a buffalo chicken garbage bread. I'll include a link to this recipe at the end of the post.

First off this is a bread machine recipe. Meaning the easiest way to make this is just using the dough setting on your bread machine. If you don't have a bread machine they are usually a dime a dozen at thrift stores because most people never use them. Sorry I don't have weights at this time. I'll try to update the post with them at a later date.

Yields one 14" thin crust

Ingredients:
Warm water (110 - 115F): 2/3 c
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Bread Flour: 2-1/4 c
Sugar: 1 tsp
Dried rosemary leaves: 1tsp
Dried oregano leaves: 1/2 tsp
Ground black pepper: 1/4 tsp
Dried thyme leaves: 1/4 tsp
Active dry yeast: 2 tsp

Place all ingredients into bread machine pan then set bread machine to dough setting. Once finished (70-90 minutes depending on the bread machine) remove from bread pan and let rest for 2-3 minutes.

Then stretch dough into pizza pan or Peel and prepare pizza.

Questions? Comments? Let me know below in the comments section.

-Dan

Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread Recipe
Source: Bread Machine Recipes by Publications International Ltd.



No comments:

Post a Comment